To download photos/videos.
- Click on your profile photo which can be found in two places.
- Click on Photos
- Click on Albums.
- Once you are in your albums you can do one of two things. You could hit the + sign and create an album of just the photos you want. Or you can proceed to click on the “…” in the top right of the image of your album and download each album separately.
If you generally shared your photos on your timeline which is typical – .the Timeline Photos Album should have the bulk of your photos. NOTE: This will include any screen shot you shared on your timeline as well – so there will be a lot that isn’t actually your photo.
If you generally use your phone to upload your photos, which again is typical – the Mobile Uploads album should have the bulk of your photos.
You can download any other album that you may have put pictures in which were not on your timeline or a mobile upload.
- When your album is ready, you will get a notification in the top right under the bell
- Once you put in your facebook password, the fill will pop up the save as screen. Best thing to do at this point is click on New Folder and create a new one called facebook photos. I save mine to the download folder because it will create a zip file which will still need to be processed. Otherwise, you should choose where you want them to be saved and remember that. For PCs with Windows, the place it will be saved is highlighted. If you create a new folder, double click on it. And name your folder as you would like, you could use the album name here if you like.
- This will create a ZIP file. You should see it pop up in the bottom left corner.
YOU CAN CHOOSE TO STOP HERE. The file with your photos is now safe and sound on your computer in a compressed format. Unless you want to actually look at the photos you can leave it this way and save space.
- Click on the up arrow next to it and choose show in folder.
- Double click on the file, this will either bring up another window with a new folder created. Or a window asking how you want to Open the file [choose File Explorer]. Click on Extract ALL
- On the next screen, you can leave as is, or you can now pick your Picture/Photo folder. After you choose your folder click EXTRACT. That’s it.
- Rinse and Repeat if you have more photos. 🙂
To download general date from your profile, there is a lot you can download. This is designed to download your information to transfer to another site or platform.
- Click on the arrow in top right then Settings & Privacy
- Click on Settings and then Your Facebook Information
- Across from Download Your Information click on View
- Now you can choose what date you get. This will come as an HTML or JSON file.